The Steering-in-the-Loop test system enables to test real steering systems in closed-loop as well as open-loop maneuvers. For precise and reproducible steering angle inputs, a highly dynamic steering robot is available. Additionally, you can instantly experience and feel the steering performance with the Driver-in-the-Loop extension.
The dynamic forces on the tie rods are applied by precise linear actuators, which correspond to the current driving situation from simulation or measurement.
- Peak force (each): 20 KN
- Mean force (each): 12 KN
- Active width of actuator: - 200 mm
- Maximum velocity: +- 1m/s
- Peak torque: 120 Nm
- Mean torque: 50 Nm
- Maximum steering wheel velocity: 1800 deg/s
- Real-time configuration for the Steering-in-the-Loop test bench
- Expandable with multi-domain HIL platform including the integration of chassis and ADAS ECUs
Hands Off Clutch
The optional clutch system decouples the force transmission of the steering robot. Therefore, the steering return (lateral transient response test) can be validated for deterministic and reproducible use according to ISO 7401. The newly designed connection to the steering column enables precise adjustment of the rotational moment of inertia to model the real setting in detail.