Develop, test and release autonomous driving functions with AV-in-the-Loop
At IPG Automotive, AV-in-the-Loop describes a test method to test and validate customer-specific automated driving functions which comprises software and/or hardware components geared towards each other according to the use case.
Our experts configure individual test setups. Thanks to its modularity, the test setup can be expanded at any time if additional components need to be added to the test process.
Who benefits from AV-in-the-Loop?
From OEMs to Tier 2 development engineers for camera imagers for example to service providers: our products can be adapted individually to fit your use case.
What is AV-in-the-Loop?
- AV stands for autonomous vehicle.
- The abbreviation AV covers the SAE-defined levels of automated driving functions 1–5, including respective sensor equipment and vehicle subsystems (according to Sense-Plan-Act).
- In-the-Loop refers to closed-loop as well as open-loop test methods to develop and validate driving functions.
- With AV-in-the-Loop, we test automated driving functions comprehensively in the areas of MIL, SIL, HIL and VIL.
How can AV-in-the-Loop serve you?
- Integration of virtual and real AV ECU(s) in test processes
- Test during development (from MIL to VIL)
- Consideration of ODD (operational design domain)
- Fail-safe testing
- Full validation of automated driving functions