Competence right from the start
Virtual test driving supports you in developing chassis and chassis control systems
A perfectly designed chassis is a prerequisite for safe, comfortable and – as desired – sporty driving. This is what our company is built on – we got our start in axle design in 1984. Today, CarMaker offers you a software package that supports you in chassis design throughout the development process, whether with integrated MBS axles or in conjunction with IPGKinematics. In the area of vehicle dynamics, you can implement virtual test driving at any point – from model-in-the-loop to steering feel adjustment on our Steering-in-the-Loop Test Bench.
The quality of vehicle dynamics simulation is largely dependent on the vehicle model. In order to correctly and efficiently simulate vehicle dynamics, a particularly precise and high-performing model is needed. CarMaker is used for simulation-based ESC homologation to approve virtual vehicle variants, which means that the quality of our models is tried and tested.
Virtual test driving was developed in cooperation with test driving experts to make it possible to perform the same maneuvers in the virtual and the real world. By using virtual test driving to support real-world test driving, you can manage the effort involved in the validation and testing of chassis and vehicle dynamics control systems.
Virtual test driving for vehicle dynamics – your advantages at a glance:
- Modeling of real driving maneuvers 1:1 in the virtual world with maneuver-, event- and scenario-based testing
- A realistic and high-performance driver model with IPGDriver that can simulate various types of drivers
- A very precise vehicle model as evidenced by simulation-based ESC homologation
- MBS axles in real time
- Parameterization of the axle with our process-supporting solutions such as ADAMS Data Converter, KnC Data Converter or IPGKinematics
- Testing of the entire steering system on our Steering-in-the-Loop Test Bench
- Management of a diverse range of variants, including analysis and report generation, thanks to test automation
- Our engineering services support you in setting up virtual prototypes
Our solutions for your vehicle dynamics applications
More detailed information on the individual application areas is available here:
Looking for everything in one place?
Visit our media library.