Welcome to our Open House 2021
Expert Insight: videos
Our new Open House format allows you to participate in our event from your office.
Watch our videos free of charge, on demand and as often as you like right here!
Our experts present innovative topics and interesting insights into the release 10.0 of the CarMaker product family. Discover a multitude of highlights from our application areas ranging from autonomous driving and ADAS to powertrain and vehicle dynamics.
Our CEO Steffen Schmidt welcomes you to our digital Open House event.
Watch the video to learn more about the current challenges in the automotive industry and how to tackle them.
MovieNX – Real Physics. Strong graphics.
Get to know our new visualization tool MovieNX! Our experts present the scope of the tool: from generation and editing to beautification of scenes. Furthermore, we are also introducing our partner UNIGINE.
How can you edit scenes for MovieNX?
- The new experience in CarMaker
- Environment settings and camera parameters
- Live editing of a scenario
- IPGMovie and MovieNX scene compatibility
How can you beautify scenes for MovieNX?
- Post-processing of a scene from the Scenario Editor with the UnigineEditor
- Integrating the scene in MovieNX: highway scene and city scene
Insight into MovieNX: Interview with Denis Shergin, CEO and Founder of UNIGINE
- Introduction of our partner UNIGINE
- UNIGINE’s experience in 3D visualization
- Benefits of using UNIGINE
- Upcoming UNIGINE features
Software and hardware for AV development
Discover our many options to support you in developing autonomous vehicles. In addition to automated scenario generation, new junction models and news in the field of sensor models, we are showing how our hardware can serve as a test and validation platform in your AV development.
How can you use CarMaker for full-stack testing of autonomous vehicles?
- What does full-stack testing of AV software mean?
- Necessary steps to integrate an AV software stack into the simulation platform CarMaker
- Demo of a closed-loop simulation of the Baidu Apollo stack with CarMaker
How can you integrate CarMaker into ADAS/AV test setups?
- Use of the NVIDIA Drive AGX development board to replace the ADAS/AV ECU and to create a complete closed-loop integration platform
- Use of a Video Interface Box X for a camera-based AEB demo
- Sending lidar data from the Lidar RSI via the Velodyne Interface build by IPG Automotive and validation of the transfer/interface on the AGX board
- Advanced ADAS/AV platform using the RSI sensor computer for application of multi-sensor stacks
- Development DrivePX2 to Drive AGX Xavier – the AV software stack from NVIDIA allows to build up AV driving functions
What does physical sensor modelling mean?
- Explanation of the different modeling stages of sensors
- Application of these different sensor model classes when testing ADAS and AV driving functions
- Novelties in lidar and ultrasound simulation in the class of raw signal interfaces (RSI)
Find out more about this topic in our interview "Virtual Testing of Perception Systems" with Martin Herrmann and Dr. Andreas Höfer.
Which CarMaker 10 features help you to model inner city road geometries?
- new object type "raised profile" allows for user-friendly definition of sidewalks and traffic islands
- three new junction types
- the Extended Junction enables the individual definition of junction surfaces
- the Virtual Junction allows for the easy creation branches without interrupting the geometry of the main road
- the Direct Junction serves as a connecting element and supports the creation of freeway exit or entrance ramps in particular
How can you validate radar sensors in the loop?
- Radar sensor as a key component to develop autonomous driving functions
- Ground truth data and GPU-based ray tracing in CarMaker for radar applications
- Radar Target Simulator, a technology to validate radars in the loop
- Insights on existing and future technologies
Find out more about the test and validation of multi-sensor systems in our interview with Dr. Raphael Pfeffer and Prasanna Kannan.
How can you handle and vary the huge amount of scenario input data?
- Import of annotated sensor data from freely available data sets
- Automated scenario generation with ScenarioRRR
- Analysis and classification of data
- Variation of logical scenarios with maneuver extraction
- Road variation
Solutions and applications for virtual test driving
Our experts present how our software and hardware solutions can support your development process. Discover a variety of application options ranging from full vehicles as interconnected systems, development environments for electric vehicles, parallelization with CarMaker to the integration of different test systems.
How can you achieve the best system integration for your virtual test drive?
- Demonstration of the Ultrasonic Sensor Box using the example of park assist
- Camera-based AEB demo live from the road
- Usability of VIL throughout the development process
Find out more in our whitepaper: The Vehicle-in-the-Loop Method
How can you realize continuous steering integration?
What’s the common base for cross-domain function development?
- Importance of vehicle dynamics in day-to-day real world scenarios
- Overall vehicle as an interconnected system
- Chassis development beyond vehicle dynamics for ADAS/AV and powertrain applications
How can your ADAS development toolchain benefit from parallelization approaches?
- Discussing vertical and horizontal parallelization with CarMaker
- First steps with the new user interface for sensor configuration
- Distributing complex physical sensor model setups across multiple devices for real-time data streams
- Extensive generation of sensor data using Docker technology in the cloud
Find out more about how to scale up your simulation in our TECH TALK with Jannik Müller.
Also have a look at the TECH WEEKS presentation "Virtual validation of AD with physical multi sensor simulation in closed loop environments" of IAV GmbH
How can you easily set up the Xpack4 Hardware IOs?
- Introduction of the Graphical User Interface – IO Configurator
- Easy operation of hardware with just a few clicks
- Enables quick modification of the hardware configuration
How diverse is IPG Automotive's product portfolio in the hardware sector?
- New developments and features for our hardware and software solutions
- Development of a sensor interface platform
- RSI Sensor PC
- Brake-in-the-Loop Test Bench
- V2X: Coupling CarMaker to NordSys’ software and hardware solutions
The next S-curve of virtual vehicle development
There are a few obstacles on the path to virtual vehicle development. Watch the videos below to find out how to master the digital transformation with strategic engineering, and how CarMaker can support you. Our experts also discuss the impact of this process on future developments in simulation.
How can a central infrastructure for virtual prototypes scale virtual vehicle development?
- Strategic engineering towards digital transformation
- Solutions for efficient building and management of virtual prototypes throughout their lifecycle
- Processes and methods for virtual vehicle development
- Tools for intuitive access to virtual prototypes and non-geometric data
How can you realize continuous integration and testing?
- The influence of over-the-air software updates on development processes in the automotive industry
- How CarMaker supports the transformation of development processes
- Exemplary application of CarMaker in a continuous integration and testing process
How does the automotive transformation affect future innovation in simulation?
- Insights of Prof. Sax from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) on automotive IT transformation
- AI-driven simulation approaches facing the challenges in automotive development
- How research projects lay the foundation for further innovation
- A glimpse into IPG Automotive UK’s take on research projects
To offer on-site support and to help you master your challenges, we are growing on a global level. Our teams all over the world are happy to assist you in shaping and advancing vehicle development efficiently in the present and future.