Open House 2022
Innovative ideas for virtual testing in vehicle development
At Open House 2022, you were able to gain exclusive insights into the release 11.0 of the CarMaker product family and discover how you can anchor virtual vehicle development in your corporate processes.
Welcome: Enabling efficient workflows: A key to software-defined vehicles
President & CEO Steffen Schmidt opens the event and provides first insights into the topic software- defined vehicles and the associated challenges in the vehicle development process.
Keynote: Simulation for level 4 driving functions (CARIAD SE)
In his keynote, Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Siegl from the Assisted & Automated Driving & Predictive Safety department at CARIAD SE shows how simulation helps to automate and scale the development and testing of level 4 driving functions.
Session 1: Scalable simulation as a foundation for optimized workflows
During the first session of Open House 2022, our experts will present a toolchain to optimize your workflows throughout the vehicle development process. You will also gain insights into the required infrastructure for simulation components to make use of synergies and increase efficiency. Examples are:
- data and model management
- integration of virtual control units
- vehicle fleet and scenario management
Session 2: Accelerated EV development through virtualization
The use of simulation in automotive development is becoming more and more important due to new vehicle architectures in particular. By testing electric propulsion systems as well as ADAS/AD functions virtually in realistic scenarios, the development efficiency can be increased significantly. Session 2 uses specific examples to show how you can successfully virtualize the development process and benefit from virtualization.
Session 3: Safe Perception and control for autonomous vehicles
Autonomous vehicles are currently one of the hot topics in vehicle development. In session 3, our experts will present the brand-new CarMaker 11.0 highlights for the application area AV. Find out more about:
- extension of virtual prototypes with interfaces for automated driving functions
- latest features and applications of physical sensor simulation and MovieNX
- simulation of handover and takeover scenarios between driving function and driver
Session 4: Continuous data-driven development and validation in the cloud
The final session 4 focuses on data-driven development in the cloud. Our experts will give you a detailed overview of:
- how to apply CI/CD/CT methods for a seamless development process
- how to use and integrate different data sources to increase test coverage
- how to scale your test implementation and performance with CarMaker in the cloud