Virtual reality & driving simulators: Experience real driving right from the start
Visions for the car of the future vary widely. But whatever the ideas for the new generation of vehicles, they must first and foremost function properly in the situations where humans and vehicles interact. This begins with the design, e.g. with the question of whether a design limits the clarity of functions when driving. In the area of driver assistance, it is particularly important that interactions between driver and vehicle function properly. This is where the subjective experience and assessments of the driver (or in the case of autonomous vehicles, the passenger) determine whether new systems can establish themselves on the market.
- How can human-vehicle interaction be investigated with test participants if no physical prototypes are available yet?
- How can patterns of behavior be measured in order to design systems robust enough for different types of use?
- How can functions be experienced while they are under development, for example, so that they can be presented to management?
Off-highway: Meeting challenges on other terrains
They conquer extreme terrain, transport the heaviest loads and move countless cubic meters of soil, all while maintaining the utmost precision: Off-highway vehicles deliver maximum performance under extreme conditions. The mission of manufacturers: To push the limits of performance constantly. At the same time, the requirements in terms of environmental impact, fuel consumption, comfort and ease of use are growing. The technological responses are characterized by mechatronic systems featuring intelligent software. These must be designed in a seamless process, integrated into a complete system, optimally adjusted and thoroughly tested.
- How is it possible to adhere to tight development plans and budgets?
- How can the high number of variants across the global markets be managed?
- How can conflicts between objectives, e.g. performance and environmental impact, be best resolved?
- How can specialists work on individual systems without losing track of the system as a whole?
Looking for everything in one place?
Visit our media library.